Rug Info and Ideas
The best idea is to shop from M & M's Rug Shop - mmrugs.com.au
- a helpful idea is to fold out a bed sheet or blanket on the floor to test standard sizes
- covering the floor gives the best representation of the impact the different sizes can have on your room
- a tape measure, or tape border on the floor will not show the impact of covering the floor
Bigger isn't always better....
- especially for smaller spaces
- sometimes a room or area can look bigger with space around a rug
- rugs will often look best surrounded with a border of flooring
- a few centimetres between your rug and couch gives a glimpse of flooring and a sense of on-going space
- smaller spaces can look bigger with a regular sized rug and exposed flooring
- a large rug can crowd a room or space and make it feel smaller than it is
Bigger can be better...
- when it comes to larger areas and rooms
- a large rug can define an area and its feel or formality
- large open plan living spaces can use big rugs to denote differing areas
- a rug leading under a couch or sofa can combine texture and feel to expand your relaxing areas
- large flatweave rugs are fantastic under tables and work great with chairs moving on them
- a large rug can protect your floor from wear and tear and everyday scratches
Some ideas about sizes...
- these are only ideas and suggestions......